Wow – what a difference a day makes! I was home yesterday with a blinding migraine headache. Slept about half the day and spent the other half kind of groggy, but I feel like a new person today!! I haven’t been sleeping well for the past few weeks so I’m guessing that the headache was caused by sleep deprivation. It’s so nice to be able to function like a normal person!
On other notes . . .
I’m still waiting for my notification from Flickr that my photos have successfully migrated from Yahoo!. Once that comes through, I’ll get links up to different sets so y’all can see what I’ve been up to lately.
I’m onto a new sewing project too – a tote bag large enough for overnight trips. I’m making one in the smaller size (called a ‘Day Tote’) to test out the instructions first. Spent last night cutting pieces for both and started sewing the small one. I’m just shy of halfway with about an hour of sewing. Hopefully this trend holds and I can get the two bags knocked out this week. I have several quilts I should be working on, including one for a prize for a raffle associated with the Wynot Centennial celebration in September.
Of course we wouldn’t be happy unless we have part of the yard or house torn up. Right now it’s both, although we are just about finished converting two small rooms upstairs into a library for all of our (mostly mine, but not all) books. Chad thinks we need to start issuing library cards since we have such a collection! We’ve begun the arduous task of replacing the windows in our house and are anxiously awaiting the first 4 windows so we can get the worst of the windows on the main level of the house replaced. We’re trying to hold off turning on the air conditioners until then, but these past few warm days are testing our resolve!
We are also in the middle of some landscaping as well. Because of some routine maintenance on our storm water disposal, we now have one edge of our yard that cannot be mowed without severe risk to life and limb. So we are planting most of it to flowering perennials and covering the rest in rocks and groundcovers. Due to the size of our lot, this stretch is almost 200 feet long, which requires a lot of work, rocks, and plants (not to mention money!) to fill. I’m viewing this as a long-term project. We have also installed regulation size horseshoe pits and finished landscaping a couple of smaller areas that we had started last summer.
Whew, this update has gotten a little out of hand! I didn’t realize I had so much to talk about! Guess I’d better end this now and get back to work.