In honor of my 10 year** high school reunion this weekend (that I will not be attending because of a photography job), I thought a stroll down memory lane was appropriate for today.
1. Did you date someone from your High School?
Nope. I didn’t date much in high school.
2. What kind of car did you drive?
I had a 2 door Ford Escort with a hatchback. It was a great little car-my friends & I called it the roach-until I wrecked it.
3. What was the most embarrassing moment of High School for you?
Wow – there are too many to choose from!
4. Were you a party animal?
No, I liked to have a good time with my friends, but we weren’t big partiers.
5. Were you considered a flirt?
6. Were you in Band, Orchestra, or Choir?
I was in band, but being in band wasn’t the social-life-ending event that it was to many.
7. Were you a nerd?
I sure hope not, but I think I was. (Of course I still am. Nice to know somethings never change.)
8. Were you on any Varsity teams?
Nope – I’ve never been good at team sports
9. Did you ever get suspended/expelled?
Nope – Never even got a detention.
10. Can you still sing the fight song?
Hangs head in shame – Yes, I can.
11. Who were your favorite teachers?
I loved most of my teachers, but I liked/respected all of them.
12. Where did you sit during lunch?
In the cafeteria with my friends. Small schools don’t offer any other choices.
13. What was your school’s full name?
Pawnee City High School
14. School mascot?
15. Did you go to Homecoming? With whom?
Yes – it was the social event of the fall semester. I always went with a bunch of my friends, never a date.
16. If you could go back and do it again, would you?
High school was okay, but college was so much better. Can I go back and do that again please?
17. What do you remember most about graduation?
Not being recognized as part of the top 10% of the class – I graduated 3rd in my class.
18. Where did you go Senior Skip Day?
We didn’t have one.
19. Were you in any clubs?
National Honor Society, Speech team, Drama/Play Production, Math team, Quiz Bowl Team and probably a few more that I’ve forgotten.
20. Have you gained some weight since then?
21. Who was your Prom Date?
Junior Year – my boyfriend Nick from another school. Senior year, I went with an underclassman friend of mine.
22. 10 year Reunion? Are you planning on going?
Yep – it’s this weekend. I’m not going because I have a paying photography job.
23. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself?
I think I would tell myself to worry less about image, and more about the things that really matter.
*I realize that I’ve neglected this blog for over 2 months, but I refuse to comment on it. It’s been a busy summer but my writer’s block wouldn’t let me tell you about it.
**I can’t believe that I’ve been out of high school for 10 years. I can’t be that old yet!!